One of Fifty Seeds, and exhibit by Staton Davis
One of Fifty Seeds, features masterful ceramic work by artist Staton Davis. In this body of work Staton applies surreal imagery to explore the complex human behaviors that we utilize for the survival of our species.
Location TA Loving Gallery
Event starts: Tuesday 22 November 2016 08:00am
Event ends: Friday 23 December 2016
Opening Reception 11/22/16, 5pm-7pm
Nov 22, 2016 08:00am - Dec 23, 2016
11th Annual Gingerbread House Display and Contest
Join the fun by entering your holiday confection in our Annual Gingerbread House Competition.
Start planning your gingerbread creations! This display has become a fun holiday tradition.
Entry Fee: $10 per entry
Categories: Ages 5-10, Ages 11-17, Adults 18 and up and Professionals
Entries accepted Nov. 17 & 18, 9am to 7pm & Nov. 19, 2-7pm
Entries Judged Nov.21
Entries displayed @ The Arts Council of Wayne County until Dec.23
Pick up Dec.22, 9am-7pm, Dec. 23 9am-12pm
All award winners receive a ribbon. Kid’s Prizes: 1st Place, 2nd Place, & 3rd Place-Art Kit
Adult: 1st Place- $150, 2nd Place-$50, 3rd Place-$25
*Professionals see item #7 below
- Your creation does not have to be a house. It can be a barn, car, castle, church, train or other type of structure.
- The walls of the structure must be made of gingerbread (though pretzel cabins are also welcome for the display!)
- The structure must be on a sturdy base, not made of gingerbread.
- Everything in the scene must be edible.
- Adult entries must be original creations, do not use kits or store bought gingerbread houses, please.
- Children may use kits, but no pre-constructed gingerbread houses.
- Professionals- We welcome entries from professional bakers and cake decorators. Although there is no cash prize for this category, professionals can display their business information with their creations. This is a great way to be a part of a holiday tradition and promote your business. (A ‘professional’ is defined as any person who is employed as a culinary professional, including chefs. Bakers, pastry chefs, or professional cake decorators.)
- Teams- the ACWC welcomes team entries in the competition. Please note that your team’s award category will be based on the oldest member of your team.
Houses may be for sale but are not required to be.
The ACWC retains 35% of all sales. For questions or more information
Call the ACWC (919)736-3300 or email Sarah@ArtsInWayne.org.
*Space is limited. While there are no size requirements for your gingerbread creations, please be aware that we will need to accommodate many other displays as well. Keep this in mind when planning the base of your house.
Location ACWC Main Gallery
Event starts: Tuesday 22 November 2016 09:00am
Event ends: Friday 23 December 2016 05:00pm
Nov 22, 2016 09:00am - Dec 23, 2016 05:00pm